image1 image2 image3

WHERE'S YOUR NEXT DESTINATION?|HELLO I'M DOMINIQUE|WELCOME TO SPICYTREKKER|COME JOIN ME IN MY ADVENTURES|

2 Hotels we go to Nasipit & Butuan every holy week (Review on Amontay Beach Resort & Dotti's Inn)



Every year, we would spend our 3-day non-working holyweek at Nasipit City. If you are not familiar with Nasipit City, it is near Butuan province of Agusan del Norte. It's the birthplace of my father and until now my grandmother still resides in this humble town of Sta. Ana, Lawis. A small barrio beside the sea, some of my relatives live a tranquil and slow-paced daily life.


When we were younger, although my lola's house was small, it was fairly enough for all of us in the family to sleep in. But now that we're bigger, we have come to terms to rent a room in two hotels - our first night in Amontay Beach Resort, and the second & final night in Doti's Place in Butuan.




Amontay Beach Resort

Amontay Beach Resort is the only resort in the area of Sta.Ana, Lawis. It has about 10 rooms and 10 cabanas. The rooms are airconditioned and costs for about Php 4,000 that can accommodate a maximum of four people. It has an LCD TV with cable, a bathroom, phone, several wardrobe cabinets and a small refrigerator. While there are also cabanas, best enjoyed by guests who wants to sleep outside and feel the natural breeze of the sea. A cabana costs the same at Php 4,000, which I think is quite expensive. We usually rent both a cabana and a room when we go there. Since in the morning, we spend our day in the cabana while we sing our hearts out to a videoke we've rented, swim in the beach and eat our lunch & dinner there. We just sleep in the evening in our room.








Here are the things we did in Amontay Beach resort:


Kayak





We actually spotted one of the owner's pets - an adorable deer! There are about two of them that freely roams inside the resort. They are harmless and easy to confront. The owner just warns us not to feed them as the deers have a regular diet to adhere to.




Swim by the multi-colored and music playing SWIMMING POOL.

Lounge and relax at the CABANA


Have fun in VIDEOKE

EAT fresh seafood being served by the resort's restaurant. But I just have to warn you, the staff are really slow. My auntie's order of mineral water arrived a day after! So better remind them from time to time. Customer service is the area they should improve on.

Uhmm and predictably, pose and take PICTURES!

yes I am feeling sexy here ;-p


Part 2 Hotel: Dotti's Inn



Simply to say, Dotti's Inn is the most advisable place for you to stay in when you are leaving Butuan. This is just across a bus terminal and 5 minutes away from Robinson's Butuan. We usually go to Robinson's for our last dinner of our vacation and pasalubong shopping.

At Dotti's, this is more of a transient hotel as you can just have a comfortable stay for a night before you fly out or hop a bus home..
#


Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! You could actually pet the deer! I'm so envious, it's like being in a disney movie. (= The whole trip looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deers in the Philippines are VERY rare to find. So we were amazed just petting it during our stay. As you see, my blog entry is not finished cause my grandma just died (who lives in this place). But I just posted it cause it's so long overdue! Thanks for passing by daphnehankins

      Delete

If you want to share your experience as much as I've had fun in mine, please feel free to write and share!

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
I love food and travel and anything unique and exciting. I love life itself and its a great joy for me to share my food and travel experiences with you.